AHC30916 – Certificate 3 in Landscape Construction
At a Glance
Up to 36 Months
Flexible: Online + Face to Face
Recognition of Prior Learning
If undertaking the course as a traineeship, participants must have entered into a QLD Traineeship Training Contract.
A nationally recognised qualification
$3,990 per person.
Funding Options may be available
This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in landscape construction.
Occupational titles may include:
- Landscape Gardener
- Nursery Worker
- Production Nursery Parks and Gardens Tradesperson
The landscape construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires most units of competency to be delivered in this context.
The qualification has 11 core units of competency plus 4 elective units. A total of 15 units are required to be completed to achieve the qualification.
Trade contractor licencing varies across states and territories and additional requirements may be required for attainment of this licence. Please check with your local regulatory body e.g. QBCC in Queensland.
By successfully completing this program, you will receive a nationally recognised qualification for:
- AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- Option to include machine tickets/competencies as part of the course at one of our Brisbane campuses. Weekend training available!
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|AHCDRG301||Install drainage systems.|
|AHCLSC301||Set out site for construction works.|
|AHCLSC302||Construct landscape features using concrete.|
|AHCLSC303||Construct brick and/or block structures and features.|
|AHCLCS305||Construct stone structures and features.|
|AHCLSC306||Implement a paving project.|
|AHCLSC307||Implement a retaining wall project.|
|AHCPCM302||Provide information on plants and their culture.|
|AHCPGD301||Implement a plant establishment program.|
|AHCSOL303||Implement soil improvements for garden and turf area.|
|AHCWHS301||Contribute to work health and safety processes.|
Four (4) Electives to be chosen.
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|AHCLSC309||Install water features.|
|AHCLSC304||Erect timber structures and features.|
|AHCLSC308||Install metal structures and features.|
|AHCBUS407||Cost a project.|
|RIIMPO317F||Conduct Roller Operations|
|RIIMPO318F||Conduct Civil Construction Skid Steer Loader Operations|
|RIIMPO320F||Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations|
|RIIMPO321F||Conduct Civil Construction Wheeled Front End Loader Operations|
Who is this qualification for?
This is a qualification for anyone seeking a general vocational outcome in landscape construction.
This course is offered via the following methods in various locations across South-East Queensland:
Group Based Delivery:
- 16 weeks of initial classroom training – 2 days per week
- Self-paced study and research
- Study of 25 hours per week is expected for this program
Flexible Delivery / Workplace Training:
- Self paced distance learning
- Regular Trainer contact via phone and email
- Trainer one on one workplace visits when required
- Workplace based learning with regular trainer workplace visits (up to 6 hours)
- Self-paced learning (approximately 6 hours per week)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
- Skills and Gap Training available to experienced industry workers
- Trainer/Assessor one on one workplace visits/s to assist with the application and undertake a personal interview to confirm your skills and knowledge
- Undertake a personal interview and challenge tests to confirm your skills and knowledge
- Self-paced learning for gap training
- Access to a dedicated trainer/assessor until the program is completed.
- Quality learning resources.
- Access to additional support through the course program department.
- Access to our Student Handbook.
Potential Funding Options May Include:
AHC30916 – Certificate III in Landscape Construction
Total Units: 15
✅ SUBSIDY AVAILABLE
Certificate 3 Guarantee
✅ FUNDING AVAILABLE
User Choice Apprentices
✅ SUBSIDY AVAILABLE
Construction Skills Queensland
Construction Skills Queensland Funding
Participants in this program may be eligible for funding via Construction Skills Queensland. Use the following form to determine your eligibility.
Current Relevant Promos Are Available!
Did you know you can currently get the excavator, roller, skid steer and front end loader competencies (AKA tickets) all as part of our Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidised AHC30916 Landscape Construction course for as little as $15 in total? To check eligibility and and submit an enquiry simply click on the button below: