CPC50220 – Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
At a Glance
Up to 24 Months
Recognition of Prior Learning
Participants must have working experience in the building and construction industry.
A nationally recognised qualification
$10,999 per person.
Funding Options and payment plans may be available
This qualification provides an occupational outcome in the building and construction sector, potentially leading onto many rewarding employment opportunities and the potential to apply for your medium rise builders license. ** requirements for your builders license vary state to state.
Occupational titles may include:
- Qualified Builder
- Site Supervisor
- Leading Hand
The qualification has 24 core units of competency plus 3 elective units. A total of 27 units are required to be completed to achieve the qualification.
By successfully completing this program, you will receive a nationally recognised qualification for:
- CPC50220 – Diploma in Building and Construction (Building)
- This qualification is a requirement to get your medium rise builders license in most states. Requirements for attaining the license vary depending on the state. For more information please see the websites for each states regulatory bodies below.
- For QLD Click here
- For NSW Click here
- For SA Click here
- For WA Click here
- For NT Click here
- For ACT Click here
- For TAS Click here
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk|
|BSBWHS513||Lead WHS risk management|
|CPCCBC4001||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings|
|CPCCBC4003||Select, prepare and administer a construction contract|
|CPCCBC4004||Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4005||Produce labour and material schedules for ordering|
|CPCCBC4008||Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4009||Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4010*||Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions|
|CPCCBC4012||Read and interpret plans and specifications|
|CPCCBC4013||Prepare and evaluate tender documentation|
|CPCCBC4014||Prepare simple building sketches and drawings|
|CPCCBC4018||Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC4053||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C buildings|
|CPCCBC5001||Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Type B construction|
|CPCCBC5002||Monitor costing systems on complex building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC5003||Supervise the planning of onsite building and construction work|
|CPCCBC5005||Select and manage building and construction contractors|
|CPCCBC5007||Administer the legal obligations of a building and construction contractor|
|CPCCBC5010||Manage construction work|
|CPCCBC5011||Manage environmental management practices and processes in building and construction|
|CPCCBC5013||Manage professional technical and legal reports on building and construction projects|
|CPCCBC5018*||Apply structural principles to the construction of buildings up to 3 storeys|
|CPCCBC5019||Manage building and construction business finances|
Three (3) Electives to be chosen.
|UNIT CODE||UNIT TITLE|
|BSBPMG532||Manage project quality|
|CPCCBC5004||Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials|
|CPCCBC5009||Identify services layout and connection methods for Type C and B construction|
Who is this qualification for?
This is a qualification for those who wish to have an outcome in the building and construction industry and those who wish to attain their builders license in Australia.
This course is offered via the following methods via online learning with qualified Trainer/assessor assisted lessons.
Group Based Delivery via online learning platforms:
- Fortnightly Lessons available on weekends.
- Self-paced study and research
- Study of 25 hours per week is expected for this program
- Regular access to the trainer via email and mobile.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
- Gap training for experienced workers
- Trainer/Assessor one on one sessions to assist with the application
- Undertake a personal interview and challenge tests to confirm your skills and knowledge
- Self-paced learning for gap training
- Access to all the same features as group based online learning.
- Access to a dedicated trainer/assessor until the program is completed.
- Quality learning resources.
- Access to additional support through the course program department.
- Access to our Student Handbook.
Potential Funding Options May Include:
- Affordable Payment plan
- **Student finance options are available for eligible applicants.
CPC50220 – Diploma in Building and Construction (Building)
Total Units: 27
✅ STUDENT FINANCE AVAILABLE
From as little as $75 per week